Product Description and Application
EMFIL, the proven quality ceiling, is a precast slab with a statically incorporated layer of in situ concrete in accordance with DIN 1045. The 5 to 7 cm thick precast concrete element contains the bending resistant reinforcement required for both assembly and the longitudinal and lateral bending tensile reinforcement in the finished construction in the form of lattice girders. All required recesses, ceiling apertures, electrical sockets, drip noses, slopes, fixtures, etc, are taken in to account. The prefabricated slab acts as shuttering during the building phase, and after the addition and hardening of the in-situ concrete is effectively a single slab. The EMFIL prefabricated slab contains reinforcement lattice girders for bracing and counteract thrust.
The necessary supports (props, joists) are indicated by the EMFIL factory on standardized by the carrying run of the conveyor diameter and the diameter of the diagonal and the axis- center distance of the lattice girders used. CAD is used to work out the positioning of the auxiliary yoke, paying attention to the permitted cut sizes of the lattice girders for assembly. The permissible moments and lateral forces are independent of the girder diameters and the assembly height of the lattice girders. The thickness of the precast slab as well as the diagonal diameter of the lattice girders determines the bending load capacity as well as the lateral load capacity. In addition to the net weight of the ceiling, assembly loads of 1.5 kN/m2 or 1.5kN (under the most unfavorable conditions) are taken in to account.
If the positioning of the assembly yoke is carried out per assembly plans, bending during the addition of in-situ concrete is limited.
In its final state, after the hardening of the in-situ concrete, EMFIL quality slabsacts like a monolithic reinforced concrete ceiling. The statically and constructively calculable combination of the precast element and the in-situ concrete is secured by the roughened surface produced during manufacture of the elements, which guarantees an optimal bond between the concrete element and the concrete added.
The CAD/CAM production of this system – EMFIL – means that all the required reinforcement and constructive details are attended in accordance with the relevant norms and permits. Thereby all possible projections and loading demands can be economically produced in systematic prefabrication. In the final state there are no technical differences to a monolithically produced ceiling.
Due to the equal values of the precast slab with added in-situ concrete like traditional in-situ concrete ceiling, they meet the same standards for
- Fire protection requirements
- Thermal insulation
- Sound insulation
The EMFIL quality ceiling can be used in all current construction methods using reinforced concrete. In addition to the optimal technical solutions, it also offers advantages of economy and construction time.
EMFIL advantages, which you can count on
- EMFIL slabs completely saves the material cost and labour charges for shuttering and scaffolding works.
- EMFIL slabs are light weighted and therefore easy to handle and fix.
- EMFIL slabs are produced according to DIN 1045 standards
- CAD/CAM production makes it possible to manufacture slabs in any shapes and designs with a high level of precision.
- With "just in time" delivery there are no delays in the construction process.
- The built-in reinforcement excludes any possible mistake on site
- Recesses for electrical and plumbing installations are made at the preproduction stage it self.
- A detailed draft plan ensures error free construction
- The smooth underside surface means no plastering is required.
The Advantages of the EMFIL Slabs production
- When putting in data in the EMFIL CAD system an automatic check up of the measurement precision of the slab’s plan is carried out
- As the transfer of data is carried out by computer, the error rate between the technical office and production is absolutely minimal.
- The data transferred to the robots guarantees that the precisely measured steel is integrated exactly at the right point.
- The concrete is applied automatically until the required thickness is achieved. The slabs then conform to the pre-established weight.
- After careful compression and curing (under the best conditions), the EMFIL slabs are stacked and loaded according to their assembly order at the construction site.
- Due to EMFIL’s own APS (Order Administration, Provisions, Software) the production and the delivery dates are set so that a delivery is made “just in time”.
Computer Integrated Manufacturing System
This stands for the complete steering and control of the production processes by means of computer and robots, which eliminates human sources of error.
This computer assisted production from EMFIL, the quality reinforced slab, is the perfect example to demonstrate the achievements of the EMFIL Quality Brand. This method of production creates the kind of limitless space in which drafters and architects can realize the most creative and individual forms. Every possible slab form is available, unproblematically and in no time at all.
Recesses, angles, the total range of form and shape of modern architecture can be made using EMFIL always to the highest quality standards. In our range of services we not only ensure an exact plan of the slab with the correct laying of the individual parts at the construction site, but also provide the static calculations for the slab on which reinforcement is based.
The computer gives this information to the production plant. Here the robot sketches the shape and recesses of each EMFIL quality slab on a thoroughly cleaned steel mould. This eliminates mistakes in the subsequent removal of the mould and the precast part. The robot then cuts and bends the required reinforcement and lays it precisely at the right point.
Consequently the concrete is exactly and fully automatically poured on. After carefully compressing the concrete on the vibrating table, the surface is roughened to ensure a good level of adhesiveness with on site concrete. The almost ready EMFIL slabs is then taken to the curing chamber where it hardness under exactly controlled conditions before it is then stacked in logistic packets according to the order of assembly.